In many Part of India Holi is celebrated in Different Way like in Rajasthan people of Rajasthan Play Lattha Mar Holi, In Braj and Mathura people Play Ras Holi but One thing is Common in all. People celebrate holi with Thandai. Everyone Like to Drink Thandai in Holi. So here we Come up with some Homemade Thandai Recipes For you guys. So enjoy the post and Share it.
Home Made Thandai Recipe
=> 2 1/2 litres water
=> 2 1/2 cups sugar
=> 2 cup milk
=> 3 tbsp. almonds
=> 2 tbsp. kharbooj/tarbooj seeds skinned (commercially available)
=> (these are skinned dried seeds of watermelon and cantaloupes)
=> 1 1/2 tbsp. khuskhus (poppy seeds)
=> 1 1/2 tbsp. saunf (aniseed)
=> 1 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder or 15 whole pods
=> 1 1/2 tsp. rose water (optional)
=> 2 tsp. peppercorns whole
=> 1 1/4 cup dried or fresh rose petals.
Thandai Recipe Method
- First take Soak sugar in 1/2 litre of the water used. Keep aside.
- Then Soak in 2 cups of remaining water. Keep aside.
- Then Allow all soaked items to stand for at least 2 hours.
- After that Grind all soaked ingredients to a very fine paste.
- Always Use a stone grinder if possible.
- When the paste is looking fine, then mix remaining water.
- After that Place a strong muslin strainer over a large deep vessel.
- Press through muslin with back of palms, extracting the liquid into vessel.
- Add remaining water, a little at a time to extract more.
- Pour back some of the extract and press, repress.
- Repeat this process till the residue becomes dry and husk like.
- Add milk, sugar and rosewater to the extracted liquid.
- If using cardamom powder mix it in with the milk.
- Mix well. Chill for a hour of two before serving.
- Making time: 1 Hour Max.
By this way You can Make Thandai for Holi at Home in Easy way. It’s better to make Food items at home rather than Order it from Market Sometimes they are not fresh and harm our Appetite.
ALSO CHECK OUT :- BHANG RECIPE